Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sale-A-Bration






















Hello and Happy Holidays!

To start off with I would like to invite you to the (ADSO'S) Arts & Design Society's http://www.artsdesignsociety.com Christmas Party and Art Auction at their Gallery on Sunday Dec. 3rd. 1pm-4pm, There is also alot of great art works there for sale, Great for gifts!!

I'm currently showing at the Bonifay Art Guild http://www.bonifayguildforthearts.com in Bonifay,Florida. Five of us Plein-air Painters are showing there until Dec. 8th. We had a reception on the 21st of Nov. and had a Paint-out while there. It was a great day for painting Bonifay!

Yesterday I entered a painting into the Pensacola JazzFest 2007 poster competition and another painting into the Arts Council of Northwest Florida http://www.artsnwfl.org poster competition. So we will see how that goes, the competition is always very tough with all the great artists here entering.

Announcement: The Collector's Art Club that I mentioned in my last entry has had to regretably shut down. They had published a 500 limited edition Lithograph of my image "Idle Time" http://artbybradgreek.com/NewReleases.html for the Collector's Club.
The project just didn't draw enough attention to continue, so the owner of the Club had to make this tough decision. They were gracious enough to let me continue with my edition since it had already started. So I still have the prints on hand to offer. Sorry for the confussion if there was any.

On Nov. 17th in Pensacola was Gallery Night. As a participating patron and showing in one of Pensacola's fine art galleries, Barbella's. I was asked to set up and do a demonstration during the event. With dark coming on earlier in the evening, I knew I would be pushing the envelope with a night time plein-air painting. I arrived early to capture the first image at sunset. By the time I started the second painting it was totally dark. I had very little light coming from a near by porch light, but most of my work and pallet was in total darkness. With my pallet knife and who knows how much paint, I started pileing it on. Not able to judge the colors I was mixing or how thick I was applying the paint. I posted the images above so that you can see the results. I may have to try this again LOL.

On Dec. 8th there will be another reception at Barbella's http://www.barbellasgallery.com . I will be in attendance for support and to meet patrons and fellow artists. Who knows, I might even slap alittle paint on a canvas.

There are several shows coming up soon and alot more that has just passed. I've been very busy trying to stay involved in everything, supporting causes and other artists, painting and managing the properties I take care of.

Thanks for all of your support and again...Happy Holidays!!!

Brad