Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shows! Shows! Shows!
















Hello fellow patrons!

This past month has been going wide open with back to back show, with many yet to come this month. I managed to grab a 3rd place ribbon for the "Ninth Green" painting at the Beaux Art Exhibit.

The Studio Tour and Nature's Glory show was a very great time. I find that seeing the studios of other artists makes you realize that you are not alone. We all have our own "space" that the work is created. I managed to get a small plein-air painting in during the tour, as a demonstration.

This weekend (March 4th and 5th)the Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther is hosting a show for us. I will have 3 pieces in this show. Here is a link to the Arts & Design Society for a list of show coming up. http://www.artsdesignsociety.com/

I entered a show into a new gallery (The Barbella Gallery) in Pensacola with a new show every 6 weeks.

It's been about 8 years since I've taken any kind of class or workshop, well this past week I made an exception. It was an Alla Prima workshop with Linda Blondhiem, a plein-air painter known around the southeast region. She instructed us with many exciting exercises including some 15 minute studies (which I posted several of mine above). She is an awesome instructor with a library of knowledge in both art and marketing art. A must do workshop if you get the oppertunity. Here is a link to her site: http://www.lindablondheim.com

I had some of my work photographed by Dan Murray, Pensacola photographer who specializes in photographing artwork. For slides, photos, and digital files created from the slide film. Dan comes to your studio or you can go to him. Here is his number (850) 455-6339.

Well I've entered the Arts Quest & Billy Bowlegs Poster contest without any results. Yesterday I entered three pieces for the "Life's a Beach" magazine cover contest. We will see how that goes, and yes I did enter a Tiki Painting as one of the entries. LOL

I'm announcing now that I will be checking into a trademark name for my Tiki paintings of "Greeki Tikis". Any thoughts on this, please comment.

Well until next time, keep creating and supporting the arts.

Brad


2 Comments:

Blogger cridder said...

Hay sorry Chris again
my E-mail is
gilligchris@yahoo.com or
myclosetguitars.com

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home