Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Chair Affair

This is one of my latest adventures that I will be participating in. It is a local event with many rewards for the selected chairs. This will be my first year of entering so wish me luck. I have my designs drawn up and ready to summit.

I finished up my second Indian Temple Mound plein-air painting on Monday. Our group met at
Turkey Creek http://www.cityofniceville.org/turkey.html in Niceville, Fl. I was able to capture yet anough surreal moment in time along the creek's meandering water through the remenance of trees old and new. I could have stayed there all day. We will be heading back out to this location again next week, weather permitting.

I carried 7 more paintings to Snappy Photo for slides, photos & a cd of the images. So I'll have more to add to my site soon. I have several out of State juried shows that I will be summitting slides to as well as several shows in Florida, both locally and on the other end of the state. I'm dropping off a painting "Red Light District" at ADSO (Arts & Design Society) "Figuratively Speaking" Members Show, tomorrow. I will be updating my Bio page with more details of the up coming shows. And my events page of up coming events that I'm participating in.

I was also summons to donate a piece of artwork for an up and coming benefit for the "Second Annual Bob Hope Memorial Charity Golf Classic" being held in Destin, Florida on May 22-23, 2005. So I called the organizer of the event and confirmed that I would be giving a Giclee Print of their choosing from my site.

I've been working on my Fantasy painting for the Imago Gallery show "Garden of Good and Evil". It's been a real challenge to find a finish to the piece and as the time of the show is fast approaching. I will prevail and the completion is near, I will be working on it again tonight.

Last night we had another Family Art Night, my wife and daughter at the pallets of creativity on a space painting. I had them use their own ideas with just a few technics of splattering in the stars and in creating the illusion of a black hole....well they weren't black holes after we got done with them LOL.

I contacted a gallery in south Walton County near Seaside, Fl. about placement of my originals and my Giclee prints in the gallery. I will be visiting them this coming week, and hopefully will be hanging in a very high profile location in N.W. Florida's prime vacation locations. I will keep you posted on this.

Well that's been the happenings for the past week, this week will be better yet!

Brad Greek
http://www.artbybradgreek.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home