Thursday, February 10, 2005

Thrive in '05

Ron Kensey of The Artist Printshop in Sheridan, WY. has put together this project to assist artists get to that next level in their careers. With marketing tips and brainstorming as a group, to produce, pre-sell and go to Giclee reproduction print with your work. This will be an experience like no other and the rewards will be above those that we achieve alone. Having a support group to give you instant feedback and suggestions along with a system of marketing to get your work out in front of the potential buyers. So check this out, join or just keep checking in on the progress that we are achieving.

It's great to have supportive friends in this business that will tell you like it is and to help you grow as a marketing artist.

Well it's been over a week since my last post, so I'll give you a run down on the progress of the week. First of all the Beaux Art Exhibition was a very artistic show with works in all mediums and styles. Several of my friends won an award and even a plein-air painting took a ribbon. I seen several pieces sell and I met some great artists that I've heard of, and now I have had the honor to meet. I took a friend with me to his first art show ever. He is a tatoo artist that is wanting to enter into the fine art world. He jumped right in their and met with everyone and I think he was really impressed with how the whole process worked and just how friendly artists are. I picked up my paintings after the reception on Sunday the 6th.

My plein-air group had gotten rained out last Wednesday, but we were able to dodge the drops yesterday as we set up at the Indian Temple Mound again. The curator of the museum came out and took pictures of us and made up a brochure of us, while we were still there, and posted it up inside the museum. Also several schools were having field trips through the museum, so they seen more then they bargained for. "Oh Wow, Artists!" they yelled as they came running over to see our paintings. I think we got them in trouble for getting out of line. LOL It's all in the name of art!! "Teachers, leave those kids alone!"--Pink Floyd. LOL

Any ways, I have another Indian Temple Mound painting that I still have to put some finishing touches to.

I had a house full of people all weekend, so there wasn't any painting going on. Not to mention I had alot to do with my hobby as a maintenance/ property manager. LOL

I ordered alot of paints and display folders from Dick Blick's yesterday, They are having an awesome sale right now.

Ron Kensey sent me a strongbox to ship him a painting to try out his new mural wall hanging equipment out with. I sent him a 20x16 plein-air painting of the Gulf of Mexico's beauty. I titled the painting "The Shining", because I was capturing the shine on the water from the late morning sun had casted. I believe it will look great at a larger size, so that's why I chose it.
I shipped the painting out to him yesterday, this is going to be exciting to see!

I worked on my website last night and added another Gallery to my home page. It is for my plein-air paintings. I only had 5 to post in the gallery at this time, but it will grow much larger, fast. So go check that out if you like, yet another style of painting that I do. I truely love the plein-air experience........I'm hooked!! LOL

Well that's about all I have for now so I'll sign off with another thought to ponder.
"Do we artists really see things differently then others?"
Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home